Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

C4K #4,#5,#6

C4K #4


This week I was assigned to, Jessica, a student in Miss. Juanita Garden's class. She is a 6 year student at Pt. England School in , Auckland, New Zealand.

earthquake damage

Jessica posted about the devastating earthquake in, Christchuch. Six hundred and thirty people died as a result of this tragedy. A water tank broke and flooded the streets. People were trapped and rescued by their neighbors and friends.

In my response to Jessica, I introduced myself and told her that earthquakes are rare here in Mobile, but we did experience an earthquake in, Baldwin County, several days ago and it paled in comparison to the one in Christchuch. I couldn't imagine how scared she must have felt, seeing all that damage so close to home. I told her we mostly have to worry about hurricanes.

_______________________________________________________________


C4K #5

This week I was assigned to, Kamire, a 7/8 year student at Pt. England School in Auckland, New Zealand.



maori tribe child with american child



Kamire's post:

Kia ora tatou
Greetings to us all

Kua hui mai nei ki tenei kura
Who have gathered here to this school

Ki te ako i te reo Maori
To learn the Maori Language

Ka nui te hari mo to koutou maia
Great is the joy for your strength

ki te aromai ki te awhina i te reo Maori
to support the Maori Language

E pa ana ki tenei wananga
concerning this school of learning



My response:

Kelly Evans said...

Tena Koe Kamire, Ko Kelly Evans toku ingoa

Hello, My name is Kelly Evans


I am a student at, The University of South Alabama. I am studying to be an Elementary school teacher. I was assigned to your blog this week by my EDM 310 professor, Dr. Strage.


I think it is great to learn and understand a different language other than your own. I know a little Spanish, but not enough to hold a conversation with anyone. Learning a new language is difficult but, I think its worth it to be able to communicate with people from other places. You can learn many new things about different cultures just by being able to communicate with the locals of that area.

Keep up the good work.

If you want to learn a little more about me you can visit my blog HERE or the EDM 310 class blog HERE

Kelly Evans
________________________________________________________________________________


C4K #6

fork and spoon



This week I was assigned to Athena's blog. Athena is a student in, Ms. Englehard's classroom.



Athena's post


Rusty’s Restaurant .

March 10, 2011 ~ 1 Comment

Dear Owners, Co-Owners, and Staff of Rusty’s,

To start it off, your name should be Rusty’s Rusty Restaurant. I am writing this letter because I was a little disappointed when I got there. It took a while to get our food. Next to that, they gave us the wrong order. My mom’s order was not what she wanted, and my dad’s sundae wasn’t the best. The food was unexpected; it took a while and it was cold. The service was questionable due to the interruptions of the service at Rusty’s. I hope that you could work on improving your restaurant soon.

Sincerely,

Brittany

(NOT A REAL RESTAURANT)

(a formal letter)




My response:

Kelly Evans
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
March 26, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Athena,

My name is, Kelly Evans. I am a student at, The University of South Alabama. I am a student in, Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class and was assigned to your blog this week as part of my assignment.

For a second there I really thought you were writing to a real restaurant. You definitely had me going for a while.

I like your letter! You used great adjectives and sentence structure to convey your message, which is very important. I really could imagine myself in, Rusty’s Restaurant reliving that experience. I wouldn’t have been able to do that had you not done a great job of expressing your feelings in your letter. Great job!!

If you want to read more about me you can visit my blog HERE or the EDM 310 class blog HERE

Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment